Saturday, August 19, 2006

Future of Style Store Gets Down With Art Party at New Hillcrest Location

It was poppin' Friday night at the Future of Style Art Party in San Diego's Hillcrest neighborhood.


Future of Style carries labels like Temple Effectives, Soul Rebel, Upper Playground, Doe, and Spoon Fed. Urban style shit. Hard to find tees, tops, Kangols.

The cute dirty blond on the right was like, "What's this for and why do you want to take my picture." I was like cause you're hot and I want to post on craigslist with it. "As long as I look cute," she said. Check out the hot girl with the Meticalla shirt in the background. I bet she's in a bike gang. Grrr.


This is Dimas De La Cruz. He owns the store and this night he kept it trill on the ones and twos. Check out his handcuff necklace. And the haircut. This girl Christina from Jet Rhys down the street "sometimes" cuts his hair, but she's all big time and you've got to have cash for her cuts -- even if you're Dimas and you can do some store bartering.


I don't think I have to point out who has the best Fuck Me eyes.

Although Autumn Rose was visiting from San Francisco and had just met Abel, a DJ from North Park, only minutes before I snapped the photo, they actually look like they could be a couple. In fact, I could totally picture them dah dah dah doing it.


Black hesher hair. Check. Vintage Def Leppard shirt. Check. Brown bag full of booze. Check, motherfucker, check. Well done, my man.



She'll shotgun a sixpack faster than you, hold it better than you, and woo your parents when you take her home.

Love the loafers. And the speckles of paint on your hands and ankles? Hell yes. Even though you weren't a featured artist at the party, if some girl was checking you out, she'd probably assume you were and that's all you need player, assumptions.

Is that a Giant Robot bag or are you just happy to see me?



Sean Carney, one of the featured artists of the evening. I was digging his WESC glasses. Big points for that label.

How shopping should always be.





You want to know the secret to being cool? Not giving a fuck. Not only does this dude have the balls to rock the mutton chops, he also brought his own beer cozy.


This is Dimas' right-hand man. This night he was the bartender -- but supply was in short and it wasn't long before he was relieved of his duties. Fortunately, people kept arriving with alcohol reinforcements.


Is this chick flipping me off or is she beckoning me with her finger, "C'mere camera boy, I'll give you something to take a photo of..."

No comments: