Thursday, March 02, 2006

Blogging is the new trend for stay at home moms

My Sister-and-law started her own blog recently. It has a really difficult URL and you need to be provided with a link to find it. Not that this blog is any easier to find, nor has anybody ever read Sex! Blood! Magic!

But my point: She updates her site almost everyday, writing about her baby and all the trials of motherhood. It's interesting if you know the person, and I like to look at all the photographs of my nephew. So what's the harm? There is none. All her friends have links, and when you surf over to their sites, they have a similar feel. Mother loves child, claims child is cutest in the world, is frustrated with child, loves her husband, and so on.

It's a weird phenomenon, and it's only going to get weirder.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As well as people "vent" their feelings and emotions via regular conversations, a blog is another way of doing so, sometimes without having to be politically correct, or with the freedom to say everything that comes to mind. I don't think it is weird, necessarily. I think is a new venue for expression. Welcome to the blog world!